EmployAbility Northwest (formerly known as Employment Response Northwest) provides a FREE employment and recruitment service to support people with varying disabilities, impairments, mental ill health and health conditions.
We support people with a disability to secure and maintain employment. EmployAbility Northwest was established in 2001. We cover Sligo, Leitrim and Donegal. Our supported employment programme is funded by the Department of Social Protection (DSP). Job Seekers do not need to be in receipt of a Social Welfare payment to receive our support.
The Aims of the Service:
- Facilitate the integration of people with disabilities, impairments, mental ill health and various health conditions into Competitive Paid Employment
- Provide support to assist with this integration process
- Meet the labour requirements of employers
The Objectives of the Service:
- To conduct an Employment Needs Assessment with the Job Seeker
- Identify the type of employment the Job Seeker wishes to pursue in Competitive Paid Employment
- Conduct a Vocational Profile for each participant and implement an Individual Employment Plan
- Match the participant with suitable employment
- Provide necessary support if needed whilst in the workplace
- Conduct a job review and support progression into independent employment without Job Coach support
- The service is open to people with disabilities, impairments, mental ill health and various health conditions, including those recovering from injury or illness, who are Job Ready and need the support of a Job Coach to get a job in the open labour market.
- Must be aged between 18 - 65 to avail of our service.
- To be Job Ready means a person has the necessary training, education, motivation and ability to pursue work / a career in the open labour market and, if needed, have the access to transport to get to and from work.